Planning & Community Development
Planning offices are now open to the public Monday through Thursday from 12:30am to 5:30pm.
Staff are available by email and phone Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 5:30pm and Friday from 7:30am to 11:30pm. We have implemented the following policies and procedures to continue providing service to the public:
- Development applications will continue to be accepted online through the portal.
- Fees can be paid either by credit card over the phone or by check with an appointment only.
- Hard copy submittals will not be accepted at this time.
- Contact Michael Fitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-8231 with any submittal questions or to pay an application fee.
- Public notice signs, letters, and envelopes are available for pick up during open office hours and by appointment.
- New applications and resubmittals are distributed to the Development Review Team at least twice per week.
- Project managers will communicate with applicants about anticipated review timeline changes and any foreseeable delays, if applicable.
- Staff are available by phone and email.
We will keep you informed with updates and apologize for any inconvenience in advance. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Engaging, serving and collaborating with our community to achieve sustainable economic, social and environmental success.
Just as development decisions made 10, 20 or 50 years ago often affect the way Steamboat Springs looks today, current development decisions will have an impact in the future. Using the community’s long-range plans as a guide, Planning and Community Development strives to ensure growth and development that enhances our quality of life and promotes the community’s vision for the future.
View the Current Projects Map and stay informed of proposed development activity near you.
Community Impact Projects
Big thanks to the 401 participants in the community engagement survey for the Mountain Area Master Plan in March! The City is using the input to work with stakeholders on implementation ideas and to develop a draft plan available for public review in June. To learn more, visit EngageSteamboat.net/MAMP or email Julie Baxter.
Transportation Master Plan
Wondering how to make changes to sidewalks, roads or trails? Get involved with the Transportation Master Plan! See what’s going on at Engage Steamboat, Transportation Master Plan To learn more, email Kelly Douglas.
Public Meeting Agendas
View upcoming agendas and packets for Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, City Council and the Board of Adjustment.
What We Do
We are responsible for:
- Long-range planning
- Development and land use review
- Code compliance
- Historic preservation
Vision & Values
To receive news and updates from the Planning Department, sign up here.