School Year Programs
We offer a wide selection of school year programs for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration on-line or at the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Education Exploration: This is a new full day program that supplements the Steamboat Springs School District's Phase 3 schedule (every-other-day schooling). This program will be available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Kids will spend a portion of the day working on online schoolwork and assignments, as well as participate in free play time, outdoor play, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn’t in session, including Holiday Breaks, Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher Work Days. The program is offered from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision and supplies.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don’t. T-Rec Paperwork can be found in the Document Center. Please contact Megan Troiani for all additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and current Immunization Records prior to attending programs.
Session I | August 24 - October 16
In an effort to supplement the Steamboat Springs School District's plans for Phase 3 school scheduling (every-other-day schooling), the City of Steamboat Springs will be offering full-day care for your child on their days off from school.
- Monday - Friday | 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Cost: $40 per day
- Soda Creek Students - Community Center (25 Spots)
- Strawberry Park Students - Howelsen Hill Lodge (24 Spots)
- Registration for Session I will open on Tuesday, August 18 at 8:00 AM.
- Registration will be conducted in a "block booking" format, meaning that if you would like your child to attend on Monday's, you will be signing up for ALL Monday's in Session I. Registration for Friday's will be on an as needed basis.
- Session I will run for a total of 8 weeks beginning Monday, August 24 through Friday, October 16.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds or credits for absences or missed days will be issued.
- Therapeutic Recreation: If you require t-rec services, please contact Megan Troiani directly prior to registering online.
Required Documents (To Complete Prior to Registering)
- Prior to registration opening, we ask that all families:
- Fill out the Recreation Family Record. A link to this form can be found in the Document Center. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it once you've started filling it out, so make sure that you have all of the necessary information available to complete the form, including a copy of your child's immunization records.
- Log into your ActiveNet account and update you and your families profiles.
Education Exploration FAQ's
- Q: Will you be offering Afterschool Action this session?
- A: No, we will not be offering Afterschool Action this session.
- Q: Will enrollment for the program be "need based" this session.
- A: No, registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
Alexis WolfRecreation ManagerPhone: 970-871-7053
Megan TroianiYouth & Teen Recreation SupervisorPhone: 970-871-7020
Erika PetersenYouth & Seniors Program SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7061
Mikayla BoehmRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7056
Rachel JacksonRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7056