School Year Programs
We offer a wide selection of school year programs for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration on-line or at the Parks & Recreation Offices.
- Afterschool Action: This is daily after school programming based at Soda Creek Elementary from 3:05pm - 5:45pm. We offer transportation from Strawberry Park Elementary each day, and all kids receive snacks. Kids participate in free play time, outdoor play, gym games, homework help, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities.
- ASSET Clubs: These are skill building programs that are above and beyond basic Afterschool Action, such as Gymnastics, Karate, Theater, Archery, Figure Skating, Intro to Hockey, and much more. The cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision, supplies, and snacks. Participants are integrated with Afterschool Action before and after their ASSET Club activities.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn't in session, including the Holiday break, Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher work days. The program is offered from 7:30am - 5:45pm, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision, supplies, and snacks.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don't. T-Rec Paperwork can be found here. Please contact Alexis Wolf for additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
The 2018-19 School Year is split into four sessions as follows:
- Session I: August 21 - October 26
- Registration opens July 30 @ 7:30am
- Session II: October 29 - January 4
- Registration opens October 1 @ 7:30am
- Session III: January 7 - March 15
- Registration opens December 3 @ 7:30am
- Session IV: March 18 - June 4
- Registration opens Feb 11 @7:30am
***All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and proof of current immunizations prior to attending programs.
Alexis WolfYouth & Teen Programs CoordinatorPhone: 970-871-7053
Holly RockwoodRegistration & Grant SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7015
Megan RobertsonRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7011
Erika PetersenRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7061
245 Howelsen Parkway
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
P.O. Box 775088
Steamboat Springs, Co 80477
Phone: 970-879-4300Fax: 970-870-0173