School Year Programs
REGISTRATION FOR SESSION II WILL OPEN ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 AT 8:00 AM
We offer a wide selection of school year programs for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration on-line or at the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Education Exploration: This is a new full day program that supplements the Steamboat Springs School District's Phase 3 schedule (every-other-day schooling) for Soda Creek and Strawberry Park Elementary Schools. This program will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Kids will spend a portion of the day working on online schoolwork and assignments, as well as participate in free play time, outdoor play, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities. During schoolwork time, staff will be available to answer questions, but due to the number of children in the program, we are unable to work with children one-on-one for extended periods of time.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn’t in session, including Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher Work Days. The program is offered from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision and supplies.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don’t. T-Rec Paperwork can be found in the Document Center. Please contact Megan Troiani for all additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and current Immunization Records prior to attending programs.
Session II | October 19 - December 18
In an effort to supplement the Steamboat Springs School District's plans for Phase 3 school scheduling (every-other-day schooling), the City of Steamboat Springs will be offering full-day care for your child on their days off from school.
- Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Cost: $40 per day
- Location: Steamboat Springs Community Center
- Registration for Session II will open on Monday, September 28 at 8:00 AM.
- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration will be conducted with single day sign-up.
- Session II will run for a total of 9 weeks beginning Monday, October 19 through Friday, December 18.
- Programs will NOT be offered November 25 - 27 (Thanksgiving Break) or December 21 - January 1 (Winter Break).
- Therapeutic Recreation: If you require t-rec services, please contact Megan Troiani directly prior to registering online.
Required Documents (To Complete Prior to Registering)
- Prior to registration opening, we ask that all families:
- Fill out the Recreation Family Record. A link to this form can be found in the Document Center. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it once you've started filling it out, so make sure that you have all of the necessary information available to complete the form, including a copy of your child's immunization records.
- Log into your ActiveNet account and update you and your families profiles.
Education Exploration FAQ's
- Q: Will you be offering Afterschool Action this session?
- A: No, we will not be offering Afterschool Action this session.
- Q: Will enrollment for the program be "need based" this session.
- A: No, registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
Alexis WolfRecreation ManagerPhone: 970-871-7053
Megan TroianiYouth & Teen Recreation SupervisorPhone: 970-871-7020
Erika PetersenYouth & Seniors Program SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7061
Rachel JacksonRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7056
Austin CagaananRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7042