- Parks & Recreation
- Howelsen Ice Complex
- Skate Sharpening
Purchase Skate Sharpening Online
Howelsen Ice Arena requires online purchases for skate sharpening tickets and is no longer be accepting walk-in purchases. Our new, easy-to-use system makes skate drop offs and pick ups seamless and hassle-free.
What You Need to Know
- Cost: $10 for a standard sharpening, $12 for same-day sharpening
- Turnaround Time: For standard sharpening, please allow 24 hours' notice. If you would like to purchase a same day sharpening, you must receive approval from rink staff prior to your online purchase. If you purchase a same day sharpening online without rink staff approval, we may not be able to accommodate your request.
- You can purchase multiple skate sharpening tickets per transaction, but please note that you will receive one barcode per ticket in one email, so you must make sure to keep track of what barcodes are being used.
How to Purchase a Skate Sharpening Ticket
- Click the blue Purchase Ticket button below and it will take you to our online reservation system. If you are a frequent user, create an account to speed up the checkout process.
- Choose from standard or same day sharpening (please note the above information regarding same day sharpening). Follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
- Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation email with the next steps, along with a PDF ticket document. This document contains a barcode that you will need to drop off your skates and can be printed or scanned from a phone, so if you are purchasing for someone else, you can email the PDF or take a screenshot of the barcode and send. You will receive one PDF document and barcode for each ticket purchased, so as stated above, you must keep track of which barcodes have been used.
- Next Steps:
- Bring your skates and the barcode to Howelsen Ice Arena and locate the Skate Sharpening Station in the lobby.
- Tap anywhere on the touch screen to begin and hit "Print Tickets".
- Scan your barcode (you may need to enlarge it slightly). Once your ticket prints, fill in the following:
- Phone number
- Desired due date and time (this is very important)
- Desired radius of hollow
- Place the ticket in your skate and leave them on the counter next to the Skate Sharpening Station. That's it! Upon return, give a rink staff member your name and they will retrieve your skates.
There will be no refunds for online skate sharpening purchases, however, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the quality of your sharpening, please let our staff know and we will sharpen your skates again at no extra charge!