Closed for Season - See You Next Winter!
One never forgets the exhilaration of sledding growing up! Tube Howelsen shares that same excitement and brings tubing thrills to the slopes while enjoying Steamboat Springs' hometown ski hill. Families and kids of all ages will slide into winter in a new way creating memories that will last a lifetime!
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Sunday | 10 AM to 6 PM (last available time slot begins at 5 PM)
- Price listed is for one (1) rider for a one (1) hour time slot (prices the same for all ages).
- A 25% discount is available for groups of 15 or more.
- Please contact the Howelsen Hill Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-8499 to book.
Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks out through the online reservation system button below.
Tubing is a weather-dependent activity. In the event that staff makes the call to cancel tubing time slots due to weather, all reservations will be rebooked or refunded with no fees. If it is snowing hard on the day of your reservation, please watch your emails for any cancelations or delays.
Guests can cancel their tubing reservation up to 7 days in advance of arrival or rebook for a later date in the season. Purchases are non-refundable 7 days prior to arrival. There is no rebooking fee and price differences (based on premium or non-premium dates) will be charged, if applicable. Request for modifications or cancelations may be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Rules & Tips
- All riders must be at least 36" tall.
- All riders, including children, must have their own ticket and tube (provided). No lap riding is permitted.
- Outside tubes and sledding devices are not permitted.
- Dress warmly in layers with comfortable winter boots. Hard shell boots such as ski boots are not permitted.
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before scheduled time slot to check in. Time slots are on the hour and cannot be modified to accommodate late arrivals.
- Advanced purchased/reservations are highly recommended, especially during peak holiday periods. Walk up purchases are not guaranteed.
- Riders must obey all signage and staff instruction.
- Helmets are recommended but not required.
- Online waiver must be completed for every rider before tubing.
- Riders must not be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Riders 12 and Under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The Outrun Snack Bar is open inside the Howelsen Hill Lodge for food and drinks. No outside food and drink permitted.
- Pre-Purchased - If you pre-purchased your tubing tickets online and have ensured that every rider has signed a waiver prior to arrival, you can go directly to the gazebo to check in. Please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.
- Need to Purchase / Sign Waiver - If you need to purchase your tubing tickets, sign a waiver, reschedule, or have any general ski area/facility questions, please visit the Howelsen Hill Ticket Office located in the NW corner of the parking lot at the base of the ski area.
- Ticket Office (Howelsen Hill Ski Area & Nordic Center / Tube Howelsen)