Community Development Code
Updated Community Development Code
City Council has adopted an updated Community Development Code effective January 1, 2018.
Updated Community Development Code (PDF) - including CDC Supplement 26-4
Note that the updated Code is provided in a PDF format that is best viewed using Acrobat Reader. Viewing in a web browser may limit your toolbar and menu options.
If you have questions about the Code or any other planning questions, please call (970) 871-8258 and ask for the Planner of the Day.
Adopted Ordinances not yet incorporated into the CDC
The following list includes text amendments to the CDC that have been adopted by City Council but are not yet incorporated in the CDC. The amendments below represent the most current standards and CDC language. Community members and applicants should reference and design projects to meet standards as listed in the amendments.
- Ordinance 2696, Sections 300, 302, 303, 305, Marijuana Store and Cultivation Standards
- Ordinance 2711, Various Sections, Planning Commission Review Authority
- Ordinance 2731, Section 421, 602.K, Open Space
- Ordinance 2732, Section 703, Public Notice
- Ordinance 2733, Various Sections, Change from TAC to DRT
- Ordinance 2760, Delete Section 439, amend other sections, Entry Corridor Design Standards
- Ordinance 2776, Article 5, Sign Code, amend other sections
- Ordinance 2792, Add Section 237, amend other sections, Airport Overlay Zone District
- Ordinance 2800, Add FCT/Replat exemptions to Subdivision Standards
- Ordinance 2801, City property platting exemption
Draft Text Amendments not approved or incorporated into the CDC
The following list includes draft text amendments to the CDC that are in process but have not been adopted by City Council. Public hearings on these amendments are upcoming, check City Council Agendas.
As amendments are made to the CDC over time, affected pages are updated and incorporated as Supplements to the original document. Supplements are numbered sequentially with a "CDC Supp 26-" prefix, and affected pages include a notation below the page number. The CDC link above will always include the most recent Supplement.
If you have a hard copy of the CDC, you will need to print the following replacement pages for each Supplement to keep your copy current.
Previous and archived versions of the Community Development Code can be found on the Municode website.
To compare the 2017 CDC to the newly adopted 2018 CDC, please refer to the following documents: