School Year Programs
A wide selection of school year programs are offered for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration online or at the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Afterschool Action: This is daily after school programming based at Soda Creek Elementary from 3:05 PM - 5:45 PM. Transportation will be provided from Strawberry Park Elementary, Sleeping Giant School and Soda Creek Elementary each day, and all kids receive snacks. Kids participate in free play time, outdoor play, homework help, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities. This City of Steamboat Springs will not be providing transportation from, Steamboat Montessori, Emerald Mountain School or North Routt Charter School. Please contact your school administration directly to discuss transportation options for your child/children.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn’t in session, including Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher Work Days. The program is offered from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision and supplies.
- Middle School & High School Events: We offer bi-monthly events for middle and high school students. See below for upcoming events.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don’t. T-Rec Paperwork can be found in the Document Center. Please contact Megan Troiani for all additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and current Immunization Records prior to attending programs.
School Year 2022-2023
Session III | January 2 - March 10
- Registration for Session III will open online on December 5 at 8:00 AM
Session IV | March 13 - June 1
- Registration for Session IV will open online on February 13 at 8:00 AM
Summer Camp 2023 | June 12 - August 11
- Registration for Summer Camp will open online March 27 at 8:00 AM for Asset Camps only
- Registration for daily Summer Camp will open online April 3 at 8:00 AM
- Monday - Friday | 3:05 PM to 5:45 PM
- Cost: $12 per day advanced registration
- Location: Soda Creek Elementary School
ASSET Clubs - Session 3
- Monday - Beginner Gymnastics | K-2nd Grade
- Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- Wednesday - Molly Manners | K-2nd Grade & 3rd-5th
- Thursday - Music | 3rd-5th Grade
- Monday - Intro to Hockey | K-5th Grade
- Check out our Youth Hockey/Intro to Hockey page for information on our programs
- Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- Check out our Learn to Skate page for information on our programs
- These programs are being offered by Steamboat Skating. Transportation is NOT provided, parents are responsible for getting their children to these programs.
School Days Off
- Will be offered:
- December 19-23, 27-30
- January 16
- February 10
- February 21-24
- March 9-10
- No programs will be offered:
- December 26
- January 2
- February 20
- All day care from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Additional School Days Off details can be found in the Document Center.
Kids Night Out
6 PM to 9 PM | Upstairs at Howelsen Ice Arena
Session 3: January 27 & March 3
Middle School Events
- Friday, December 9: Ski Night at Howelsen Hill
- Cost: $25 (if you already have a Howelsen Hill Season Pass, you will receive a $15 discount)
- Time: 5:00-8:00 PM
High School Events
- Saturday, December 3: Open Gym at Excel Gymnastics
- Cost: $10
- Time: 7:00-9:00 PM
Youth Program Registration Details
- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Therapeutic Recreation: If you require t-rec services, please contact Megan Troiani directly prior to registering online.
Required Documents (To Complete Prior to Registering)
- Prior to registration opening, we ask that all families:
- Fill out the Recreation Family Record. A link to this form can be found in the Document Center. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it once you've started filling it out, so make sure that you have all of the necessary information available to complete the form, including a copy of your child's immunization records.
- Log into your Civic Rec account and update you and your families profiles.
Megan TroianiRecreation Supervisor (Youth & Teen)Phone: 970-871-7020
Rachel JacksonRecreation Coordinator (Youth)Phone: 970-871-7056
Jake GonelliRecreation Coordinator (Youth & Sports)
Anne PrestonRecreation Coordinator (Youth)Phone: 970-871-7001
Oliver PadgettRecreation CoordinatorPhone: 970-871-7061
Alexis WolfRecreation ManagerPhone: 970-871-7053