School Year Programs
We offer a wide selection of school year programs for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration on-line or at the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Afterschool Action: This is daily after school programming based at Soda Creek Elementary from 3:05 PM - 5:45 PM. Transportation will be provided from Strawberry Park Elementary, Sleeping Giant School and Soda Creek Elementary each day, and all kids receive snacks. Kids participate in free play time, outdoor play, homework help, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities. This City of Steamboat Springs will not be providing transportation from, Steamboat Montessori, Emerald Mountain School or North Routt Charter School. Please contact your school administration directly to discuss transportation options for your child/children. Masks are required while indoors and during transportation.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn’t in session, including Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher Work Days. The program is offered from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision and supplies. Masks are required while indoors and during transportation.
- Middle School ASSET Clubs: Explore new interests or further your knowledge with single-day activities. Not only will you learn new skills or create something fun, but participants will also engage with local community members to learn valuable life skills including starting and owning your own business. Visit the Document Center for a list of available clubs. ASSET Clubs will not be available during Session II.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don’t. T-Rec Paperwork can be found in the Document Center. Please contact Megan Troiani for all additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and current Immunization Records prior to attending programs.
Session II | October 25 - December 30
- Registration for Session II will open online on September 27 at 8:00 AM.
Session III | January 3 - March 4
- Registration for Session III will open online on December 6 at 8:00 AM.
Session IV | March 7 - May 27
- Registration for Session IV will open online on February 7 at 8:00 AM.
- Monday - Friday | 3:05 PM to 5:45 PM
- Cost: $11 per day advanced registration | $15 day of registration
- Location: Soda Creek Elementary School
- Mask are required for all City of Steamboat Springs program participants
- Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- ASSET Clubs are currently limited due to lack of staffing. If you know anyone looking for part time work in the afternoons, please let us know!
- Monday - Intro to Hockey |K-3rd Grade
- Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- These programs are being offered by the Steamboat Youth Hockey Association and Steamboat Skating. Transportation is NOT provided, parents are responsible for getting their children to these programs.
School Days Off
- School Days Off | November 22-24, December 20-23, December 27-30
- No programs available on November 25-26, December 24, 31
- All day care from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Additional School Days Off details can be found in the Document Center.
Kids Night Out
- Friday, November 19 | 6 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, December 10 | 6 PM to 9 PM
Youth Program Registration Details
- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration will be conducted with single day sign-up
- Therapeutic Recreation: If you require t-rec services, please contact Megan Troiani directly prior to registering online.
Required Documents (To Complete Prior to Registering)
- Prior to registration opening, we ask that all families:
- Fill out the Recreation Family Record. A link to this form can be found in the Document Center. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it once you've started filling it out, so make sure that you have all of the necessary information available to complete the form, including a copy of your child's immunization records.
- Log into your ActiveNet account and update you and your families profiles.
Alexis WolfRecreation ManagerPhone: 970-871-7053
Megan TroianiYouth & Teen Recreation SupervisorPhone: 970-871-7020
Rachel JacksonRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7056
Austin CagaananRecreation SpecialistPhone: 970-871-7042