- Parks & Recreation
- Programs & Events
- Recreation Programs
- School Year Programs
School Year Programs
A wide selection of school year programs are offered for children Kindergarten through 5th grades. Programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, and are available for registration online or at the Parks & Recreation Office.
- Afterschool Action: This is daily after school programming based at Soda Creek Elementary from 3:05 PM - 5:45 PM. Transportation will be provided from Strawberry Park Elementary, Sleeping Giant School and Soda Creek Elementary each day, and all kids receive snacks. Kids participate in free play time, outdoor play, homework help, arts & crafts, and other developmentally appropriate activities. This City of Steamboat Springs will not be providing transportation from, Steamboat Montessori, Emerald Mountain School or North Routt Charter School. Please contact your school administration directly to discuss transportation options for your child/children.
- School Days Off: This program is offered on non-City Holidays when school isn’t in session, including Blues Break, Spring Break, Parent/Teacher Conferences, and Teacher Work Days. The program is offered from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM, and the cost includes all transportation, activity fees, supervision and supplies.
- Middle School & High School Events: We offer bi-monthly events for middle and high school students. See below for upcoming events.
- Therapeutic Recreation: Our programs are inclusive for all children. We work closely with the Yampa Valley Autism Program to help provide 1:1 aides for children who qualify for their services, and provide aides otherwise for children who don’t. T-Rec Paperwork can be found in the Document Center. Please contact Megan Troiani for all additional information regarding children who need special accommodations.
All participants are required to have on file a current Recreation Family Record and current Immunization Records prior to attending programs.
All required paperwork, handbooks, calendars, and newsletters can be found in our Document Center.
School Year 2022-2023
Session IV | March 13 - June 2
- Monday - Friday | 3:05 PM to 5:45 PM
- Cost: $12 per day advanced registration
- Location: Soda Creek Elementary School
ASSET Clubs - Session IV
Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- Tuesday - Learn to Skate | K-5th Grade
- Check out our Learn to Skate page for information on our programs
- These programs are being offered by Steamboat Skating. Transportation is NOT provided, parents are responsible for getting their children to these programs.
School Days Off
- Will be offered:
- March 9-10
- No programs will be offered:
- April 17-21
- May 29
- June 5-9
- August 14-18
- All day care from 8:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Additional School Days Off details can be found in the Document Center.
- Visit the Youth Events page for more information on upcoming events.
Youth Program Registration Details
- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Therapeutic Recreation: If you require t-rec services, please contact Megan Troiani directly prior to registering online.
Required Documents (To Complete Prior to Registering)
- Prior to registration opening, we ask that all families:
- Fill out the Recreation Family Record. A link to this form can be found in the Document Center. You will not be able to save the form and come back to it once you've started filling it out, so make sure that you have all of the necessary information available to complete the form, including a copy of your child's immunization records.
- Log into your Civic Rec account and update you and your families profiles.
Megan TroianiRecreation Supervisor (Youth & Teen)Phone: 970-871-7020
Rachel JacksonRecreation Coordinator (Youth)Phone: 970-871-7056
Jake GonelliRecreation Coordinator (Youth & Sports)
Oliver PadgettRecreation CoordinatorPhone: 970-871-7061
Alexis WolfRecreation ManagerPhone: 970-871-7053