Boards & Commissions

Applying for a Position

If you would like to join a board or commission please print out this application or pick an application up at City Hall, located at 137 10th Street. Applications should be returned to City Hall or emailed to Laura Egger.

The citizens of Steamboat Springs are invited to apply by March 15, 2023, to serve on the following city boards, commissions and committees. All members receive a Howelsen Hill Family Ski Pass and members of Planning Commission also receive a Haymaker Golf Pass. 

Open House Flyer - STSD

Urban Redevelopment Authority Advisory Committee
The URAAC role is to make recommendations to the Steamboat Springs Redevelopment Authority (SSRA) on how to appropriate URA funds on matters related to the implementation of the Base Area Reinvestment Plan. 

URAAC has four vacancies it is looking to fill include two (2) community members at large, one (1) development community representative and one (1) base area business person. URAAC specific application here. Applications are due by March 15. 


Parks & Recreation Commission
This commission serves as an advisory board to City Council and promotes an enhanced quality of life by offering a broad range of safe and accessible resources including parks, open space, trails, and recreational services and facilities. 

The Parks & Rec Commission is seeking individuals to fill three, regular two-year terms. Interviews are currently scheduled for April 4. Application Deadline: March 15, 2023

Yampa Aerial from 5th - small

Planning Commission 
Planning Commission is a permanent committee appointed by City Council to review and act on issues and policies related to long-range planning, land use regulations, and community development. 

The Commission has one regular, three-year position open with term expiring March 31, 2026. Members of this Commission receive a Family Howelsen Hill Ski Pass and a Haymaker Golf pass.

Application  for consideration.


Local Marketing District
The LMD oversees funds directed toward providing commercial air service into the Yampa Valley Regional Airport. The five-member board is appointed by City Council from the LMD district to serve four-year terms. 

Applicants must live within the LMD district boundaries. One seat is open with a term expiring March 2027.  Application  for consideration.


Historic Preservation Commission
HPC considers requests for design review, reviews nominations of buildings for listing on the Register of Historic Places, recommendations to City Council on preservation related topics, recommends on National Register nominations, and conducts review and approval of Colorado State Income Tax Credits for qualified restorations. 

HPC is looking for four individuals to fill three regular three-year positions and one alternate three-year position with all terms expiring March 31, 2026. Application  for consideration.

city Map

Board of Adjustment
The BOA reviews requests for adjustments to standards related to single-family homes, duplexes, signage, and floodplains. The board has two regular, three-year term positions (March 31, 2026) and one alternate, three-year seat (March 31, 2025) open.  Application  for consideration.


Ice Rink Advisory Committee
IRAC advises the Parks & Recreation Commission and staff on matters relating to the Howelsen Ice Arena and related programing. 

The committee has three, two-year seats available which expire in March 2025. Interviews are scheduled for April 12. Application  for consideration.


The city relies upon the dedicated volunteer efforts of numerous members of our boards and commissions to gather information and make recommendations regarding specific city activities.

For more information contact the city clerk, Julie Franklin, at 970-871-8248. Send completed forms to:

City of Steamboat Springs
Attn: City Clerk
P.O. Box 775088
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477