Michael Buccino - District II
Michael Buccino began his first term on City Council after winning the District II seat in the November 2019 election. He understands the multiple aspects of living in a mountain community through the lens of a family, small business and municipal perspective.
Prior to securing his current council seat, Buccino was appointed to Planning Commission, filling a vacancy. In 2019, he was reappointed to a three-year term on the Planning Commission, where he focused on helping remove zoning and regulation process road blocks.
A third generation designer, Buccino moved to Steamboat Springs during the summer of 1996 and shortly afterward established Steamboat Interiors in 2000, which combines both residential and corporate design. With a passion for solving problems through design, Buccino is a tiny home advocate and founder of Micro Living, LLC. He also serves as regional director and board member of the American Tiny Home Association.
Outside of council, Buccino is involved with various non-profit organizations including the United Way where he currently sits on the Board of Directors and also serves as Campaign Chair. He can be found enjoying all the Yampa Valley and Colorado has to offer with his wife, Janelle, and three children – Mikey, Anya and Grayson.
- Building Department Oversight Committee/Board of Appeals International Fire Code
- Chamber/Board of Directors
- Chamber/Special Event Funding
- CMC Steamboat Campus Advisory Board (Alternate)
- CML Policy Committee (Alternate)
- Housing Sub-Committee
- Innovative Transportation Task Force
- Northwest Colorado Council of Governments
- Northwest Transportation Planning Region (Alternate)
- Yampa Valley Airport Commission
- Yampa Valley Housing Authority (Alternate)
- Arizona State University College of Architecture & Design - Design
Contact Councilor Buccino: 970.846.3164 or email Councilor Buccino