Steamboat Springs Police Department (SSPD) has convenient and efficient ways for individuals to assist in fighting crime by reporting incidents through an online process. Through the online system, individuals can log reports across a range of areas.
“This feature is an additional way that the department is trying to provide expanded services to our community and visitors,” stated Police Commander Jerry Stabile. "Reporting crime quickly is essential and having an option available 24 hours a day, seven days a week is a significant asset."
Welcome to the Steamboat Springs Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and gives you the option to purchase a copy of the police report upon approval. The fee to purchase your approved report is $13.00, and it will be sent via email with a pdf attached.
Using the Steamboat Springs Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as:
Harassing Phone Call, Lost Property, Theft, Vandalism, Vehicle Burglary and Vehicle Tampering
You can also provide informational tips to SSPD such as:
Traffic Complaints and Informational Reports
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the City of Steamboat Springs?
- There are No Known suspects?
- There is No physical evidence (Evidence can include any item that the suspect brought to commit the crime and left behind. Evidence does not include the rock that was thrown through a window. It is not possible to lift fingerprints from many surfaces, i.e. dashboards of cars, etc.)
*If your report involves a firearm, please call the non-emergency number 970-879-1144 to file a Police Report.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to purchase a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Steamboat Springs Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 970-879-1144) to file your report.