For the Citizens Online Police Reporting System, if your incident is not listed in the category selection list, or if your incident does not meet the below criteria, please call the Steamboat Springs Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 970-879-1144) to file your report.
The following criteria must be met to use the Citizen's Online Police Reporting System:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred within the City of Steamboat Springs
- There are No Known suspects
- There is No physical evidence (Evidence can include any item that the suspect brought to commit the crime and left behind. Evidence does not include the rock that was thrown through a window. It is not possible to lift fingerprints from many surfaces, i.e. dashboards of cars, etc.)
- This incident does not involve a firearm
If all this applies to you, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to purchase a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted