Welcome to the Steamboat Springs Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Please note that filing a false Police Report is a crime.
Self-Reporting the accident to the Colorado Department of Revenue (below) files the case with the State. ALL future communication and report copies will need to come from the Colorado Department of Revenue (State Agency, not from the Steamboat Springs Police Department).
Click Here to Self-Report a Traffic Accident to the Colorado Department of Revenue - English
For specific questions regarding Online Reporting, please contact Police Records during operating hours at 970-879-4344
To report a Harassing Phone Call, Lost Property, Theft, Vandalism, Vehicle Burglary and Vehicle Tampering, Traffic Complaints (not Accidents), or an Informational Report.
Submitted Reports May Not Be Reviewed For Up To 3-5 Business Days
For the Citizens Online Police Reporting System, if your incident is not listed in the category selection list, or if your incident does not meet the below criteria, please call the Steamboat Springs Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 970-879-1144) to file your report.
The following criteria must be met to use the Citizen's Online Police Reporting System:
- This is not an Emergency
- This incident occurred within the City of Steamboat Springs
- There are No Known suspects
- There is No physical evidence (Evidence can include any item that the suspect brought to commit the crime and left behind. Evidence does not include the rock that was thrown through a window. It is not possible to lift fingerprints from many surfaces, i.e. dashboards of cars, etc.)
- This incident does not involve a firearm
If all this applies to you, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to purchase a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted