Special Events in Steamboat Springs
- It is the event producer’s responsibility to comply with any federal, State or Routt County public health orders, guidelines, and/or mitigation protocols at the time of the event. The City is not responsible for informing event producers of public health orders in effect or interpreting public health orders.
- All events will be required to submit a covid-19 mitigation plan.
- Routt County Public Health Order #4 requires events to self-certify and submit this to the county. This information and form can be found on Routt County’s website.
- State public health orders and guidance can be found on the CDPHE website.
- The City will continue to monitor CDC, State, and Routt County guidance.
Welcome to Steamboat Springs and hosting a special event in the Yampa Valley. Steamboat Springs has been home to international, national, regional and grass-root events, many of which have firmly established themselves in the history and heritage of the community.
Whether you're putting on your inaugural event or have been a fixture for more than 100 years, this section will help guide you through the permitting process and set up your event for success.
Existing and new events have different time periods for securing a venue. To check venue availability and ask questions on confirming a venue pending issuance of a special event permit, please contact Rachel Lundy.
A complete event permit application packet must be submitted no later than 45 days before your event. Applications turned in less than 45 days prior to the event will be charged a $500 late fee in addition to the standard application fee.
Please plan accordingly and use the APPLICATION CHECK LIST to ensure that all required materials are submitted.
- Special Event Application, Event Safety Plan, and Rules & Regulations
- Additional forms referenced on the checklist can be found here
Applications carry a standard $150 fee and are due at least 45 days in advance of your event. Some of the fees are highlighted in the table; however, all charges may not be listed and these fees may change without notice.
PROPOSED 2021 FEES:
The proposed fees for 2021 are below:
- Application Fee- $150
- Parks/Open Space Fee- $37/hour or $296/day
- Street Venue Fee- $37/hour or $292/day
- Trails- $2.75/youth and $3.50/adult
- Community Service Officer- $34/hour
The Steamboat Springs Chamber has implemented an Event Fee Service Assistance for 2020. If you applied for and were granted assistance in 2019, you will not be eligible for fee assistance in 2020. Please contact Sarah Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-875-7006.
|Fees||valid through 12/31/20|
|Parks & Trails||$36.50/hour or $292/day|
|Streets||$36.50/hour or $292/day|
|Community Service Officer (CSO)||$34/hour|
|Late Fee||$500 (<45 days)|
Facility Rentals are managed outside the special events permit. If you are interested in renting a park pavilion or a city facility for a private function, please use the Facilities & Use Rentals section.