Do I need a Sales Tax License?

The following require a sales tax license from the City of Steamboat Springs:

  • Retailers – Anyone engaged in the business of making retail sales.
  • Lessors – Anyone renting or leasing tangible personal property. Examples include ski rentals, DVDs, vehicles, and construction equipment.
  • Peddlers, Transient Sales & Single Events – Anyone engaged in temporary sales within the City limits.

Show All Answers

1. What fees are required for an event permit?
2. Can I serve alcohol at my event?
3. Can I serve food at my event?
4. Do I need a tent permit?
5. Do I need insurance for my event?
6. Do I need a Sales Tax License?
7. What if I want to host a block party?
8. How do I reserve a park, trail, street, or parking lot?